Put the wrong fuel in? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. It’s a common mistake and nothing we can’t help with. If you stopped at a petrol station, put it into neutral and push your car to a safe location. Don’t panic and give us a call on 0207 247 4301 and one of our trained technicians will be on their way to you.
How can I tell if I’ve misfuelled?
If you’ve put petrol into a diesel car:
- Smoke from the exhaust
- Loud engine or noise coming from the engine
- Difficulty starting the car
If you’ve put diesel into a petrol car:
- Excessive smoke coming from the exhaust
- Lack of power
- The engine is misfiring
- Engine constantly cutting out or not restarting
What should I do?
- Give us a call on 0207 247 4301 – we’re open 24 days, 7 days a week.
- Let the operator know you’ve put the wrong fuel into your vehicle.
- We’ll send out an expert technician – who’ll be with you in little to no time.
- Once we’ve arrived – we’ll safely drain the tank and add enough correct fuel to get you moving.
- Our fuel draining method is safe and rids of fuel in an environmentally friendly way.
- The last thing left is to get going and on with your life.
What’s not covered?
The cost of draining and disposing of the contaminated fuel.
Any damage to your vehicle If you’ve put the wrong fuel in and it’s damaged the engine – you might be able to claim towards that on your vehicle’s insurance.
If you use the wrong fuel outside the UK – the above will cost you.
If you need to renew or upgrade your membership please call 0207 247 4301.
If you’ve broken down and require assistance call us on 0207 247 4301.
We’re here to help – whenever you need us. Call us 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Landline calls cost standard UK rate. Calls from mobiles vary.
The latest news and updates, direct from VH Recovery.Read more